Dear user, we’d like to welcome you to use the iTaichung Free Wireless Service (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
Taichung City Government (hereinafter referred to as “City”) reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Service of users under any of the following circumstances, users may not claim compensation in any form, and users are fully liable for any and all legal responsibilities.
Becoming a user, you have agreed to utilize the Service and agreed to comply with the Terms. Based on the principle of resource sharing, iTaichung has established a two-mode user roaming mechanism with iTaiwan. Therefore, users of iTaichung Free Wireless Internet service are also required to comply with the iTaiwan Wireless Internet Service Terms (https://itaiwan.gov.tw/en/rule.htm)
Method for Collecting Personal Data and Privacy Protection
- Publish, transmit, dispatch, or store any email, file, or data containing threat, libel, fraudulent, damaging, obscene, pornographic, or other illegal contents.
- Collect email addresses and related personal information without the consent of others, intentionally damage the email boxes of others, theft, alter, or damage data belonging to others, or endanger telecommunications.
- Publish, transmit, dispatch, or store computer virus, disrupt or damage the computer system in any manner, or run applications or transfer messages which improperly consumes connection bandwidth.
- Publish, transmit, dispatch, or store any data which infringe the intellectual property rights or related proprietary rights of others.
- Damage or disrupt the operation of the Service’s system or commit acts violating standard Internet protocol.
- Theft, damage and/or alteration of the personal information of others.
- Sell, promote, or facilitate the sales of goods and services banned by law through the Internet.
- Using or assigning others to engage in activities violating relevant laws and regulations.
- Interfere with or disrupt other users from accessing the Service.
- Any and all other unlawful activities.
Scope of Responsibilities, Disclaimer, and Limitations
- By proceeding with the surfing to login the user authorizes (equivalent to written consent under the Personal Information Protection Act) the domain managers and the network service providers may gather personal information including name, mobile phone number, and email address, as well as the log generated by the server, which includes IP of device used for connecting, MAC address, AP location, use time, and browser employed.
- User’s personal information will be protected and limited to usages in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
- The City will not sell, rent, or arbitrarily exchange the personal information of users with other parties or individuals, with the following exceptions:
- Cooperating with judicial agencies in conducting legal investigations.
- The Service promotes City information, system announcements, or provides other services through the personal information filled out by the user.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction Court
- In the case where Service cannot be provided due to changes in the environment, system maintenance needs, or other events of force majeure, the Service may be modified, suspended, or terminated based on actual needs and the City shall not incur liability or be held responsible for any loss on the part of users.
- The Service is limited to the use in terms of functions of each service available at the time and under current conditions. The City shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses as a result of radio frequency interference (such as packet loss, instantaneous break, etc.) generated by the environment and wireless transmission technology (such as Microwave, Bluetooth device, and other WLAN signals).
- As the Service only provides wireless internet access, The City are not responsible for any damages of users resulting from illegal access, damage, attack, or theft of any data by third parties against the user’s personal data information or computer.
- The City shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses suffered by the user from accessing the Service.
- The Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of China (excluding the Act Governing the Choice of Law in Civil Matters Involving Foreign Elements or other related laws)
- For all disputes related with the Terms, the user agrees that Taiwan Taichung District Court is the court with jurisdiction for the first instance.
- If any part of the Term becomes invalid, it does not affect the legal effects of other portions.
- Any user whose action breaches the rights of others will be legally responsible and bear the liabilities under civil and criminal law. If necessary, related authorities will be notified and he or she will be prosecuted according to law.
- The City reserves the right to modify the Terms at any time. Any changes to the Terms will be announced on the website front page. Users will not be individually notified. If you do not agree with any changes to the Terms, please terminate your application for user service. By continuing to use the Service, you are deemed to have accepted the amendment and changes to the Terms.